“1001Thagatchari” Gratitude project for Manipur
One of the takeaway I had interviewing many of the awesome talented voices of Manipur for the last 5 years was the lack of recognition and appreciation for their work and contribution. In the midst of conflicts, unrest and media’s focus for sensational stories, we have forgotten to say “Thank you” “Thagatchari”.
To change that I have challenged myself to find people who truly have appreciation and gratitude in their heart for the people of Manipur and the idea of “1001 Thagatchari” was seeded.
Sharing our deepest gratitude to the people of Manipur, we are grateful for your contribution for Manipur and for inspiring us. Thagatchari!
- Mary Kom nominated by Nivea Longjam, Biotech Student, Delhi, India.
- Naorem Sanajaoba nominated by Babloo Loitongbam, Executive Director, Human Rights Alert, Imphal, India
- Babloo Loitongbam nominated by Yanglem Chanu Carolin, Law Student, Bengaluru, India
- Akhu Chingakham nominated by Girija Ningthoukhongjam , Student, Imphal, Manipur, India
- Monica Ingudam nominated by Saya Okram, Freelance Researcher, PhD in Public Health.
- Manipuri players in Indian Women’s Hockey team (2002 Mancester Commonwealth) nominated by Shanti Thokchom, Nursing assistant, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- Urmila Chanam nominated by Nameirakpam Malemnganba Meitei, Medical student, State Medical University, Stavropol, Russia.
- Binalaksmi Nepram nominated by Heisnam Dhiren, Senior Scientist, Analytical Development Laboratory, London, United Kingdom.
- Thangjam Guneshwar nominated by Chinglenthoiba John Chingakham, Researcher, NIT Calicut, Calicut/Kerala/India.
- Armstrong Pame nominated by Tuleshwori Sapam, Research Scholar, Centre for Bioinfomatics, Pondicherry, India.
- more coming up…
#991togo #1001Thagatchari #FindingTheVoices #Manipur